Monday, November 22, 2010

Unluckily Lucky... (Sheesh)



Sunday, 21st November 2010 has just officially lapsed and boy, what a day it had been!

There were the good parts, the unlucky parts, and the unluckily lucky parts... phew!

The morning started fine enough with breakfast with the family at Solaris Mont Kiara. Then we decided to pop over to the Car Of The Year carnival (COTY) 2010 exhibition at Matrade, which was just a stone's throw away. Sharlotte drove her Forte over; but the parking was horrendously full with so many visitors. And if we parked further away, we could get a spot but that would meant walking quite a distance in the sun with lil' Alex in tow; so we vetoed the idea and decided to go home first and come back later.

La la la, perming my hair...
Reached home shortly and Sharlotte wanted to pop out for a hair rendezvous at the saloon. She's worked hard being a good mummy and while I have been trying hard to assist to the best of my capabilities; I thought that she deserved a pampering session as a treat to herself and get her mind off the baby for a good few hours. But the session turned out to be exceptionally long; and while I had no issues with that, the fact that she had told me nearly 2 hours earlier that she was almost done and would be home soon, had me worried sick that something could have happened. What's worse was I wasn't sure if I should call least that I distract her while she's driving (given that she's new to driving in Malaysia); and when I finally did and she didn't answered, that was quite the straw that broke the camel's back. 

She later came back home with newly permed hair and didn't understand why was I so worried. Man...

(Unlucky Part : I was worried sick.
  Lucky Part : Sharlotte was alright and had a pretty nice hairdo even.)


Then we went back to COTY 2010 and it was a good session looking through and trying the new cars. I'll be posting another article on the going-ons of the COTY 2010 hereafter.

After that, we drove to the Petronas petrol station at Sri Hartamas to fill up some gas and lo and behold, the battery decided to die after we have refueled. The petrol attendants could not spare a battery to jump-start the car; although they were willing to sell me brand new NS60 ones. And the printed RRP said RM450, which was very steep even for maintenance-free battery. Haggled a bit and settled the change for RM238. 

Free advert spot for this chap as he sells the same, original Century MF battery at just RM155! I paid RM238 at Petronas Sri Hartamas!
If Sharlotte and Alex was not in the car with me, I would have waited for the auto assist people to help out as the market charges for Century NS60 revolves around RM150-RM170. But with a toddler on board, time was a luxury that I do not have then; hence the daylight robbery scenario. The car started like a charm after that though!

(Unlucky Part : The battery died and needed replacement.
  Lucky Part : The battery died when we were at a petrol station, which was selling car batteries. And it is a sure start on a Monday workday morning.)

The EG6 bumper with Mugen skirt needs attention...
Then drove over to Solaris Mont Kiara for dinner and after dinner, we proceeded back to the car. A bloke was trying to park his SUV into the spot in front of our car and although there was more than ample space (plus the fact that his Hyundai Sante Fe had reverse sensors), his SUV nevertheless reversed into my front bumper. 

I was like, "Man, this sucks!" and motioned for him to alight to look at the damage. The old bloke feigned ignorance and we have to go through the motion of haggling for compensation. As I wasn't a big fan of going to Datuk Bandar to make the police report, I accepted a token sum of RM80 to fix up the damages. Nothing too fancy, but the bumper and skirts would have to be re-aligned, repaired and re-sprayed. And the no. plate needs a replacement, so we are probably looking at about a couple of hundred's worth of damages hereabouts.


(Unlucky Part : The front bumper got banged.
  Lucky Part : We were in my older car and not Sharlotte's new Forte. And thank goodness that we witnessed the bloke reversing into our bumper; or it would have been all out of own pockets then.)

So now that Sunday's over, let's hope that the rest of the week will work like a charm. Crossing my fingers...

6 comments:

  1. I was at COTY also this evening, maybe got see you and your family also. I try the Ducati bikes, man very nice ones. You also got try also? I see one dude with Giogio Armani cap holding one smiling boy riding on the Goldwing this evening and the mother with nice permed hair taking photo also. Are you the Giogio Armani dude? If you are and I know you are this blog writer, I would say Hello also already. Good job with your blog and sorry that your Sunday so expensive already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, sorry to hear about your eg! i know must have hurt cos our egs look so good, especially when yours have the mugen skirts. i hope those mugen could be repaired or that's like rm1,000 to replace, bro. if really cannot fix, use brother's type only less than rm100 but it's fibre. jdm is still the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John! I'm quite surprised that they are still readers on this site at so late a time. I'm a bit disturbed from the day's events so I am still up- what's your excuse, my friend? *chuckle*

    And yes, I was the guy wearing the cap you mentioned. I guess you must have seen Sharlotte, Alex and myself. Alex is a car and bike fan too, so we were there for some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Honda Civic EG Fan! Yes, mine was the EG6 Japan Domestic Market bumper with Mugen skirts; so that's why it was so prized. This was a ride from my Ah Beng days actually *chuckle* but now, I'm all grown up and wishing more for the new Sonata with panaromic roof and CLS lines. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the e-mails, I wasn't expecting any fan mails to come in at this time actually. No worries, I'm feeling better already.

    And I'll keep updating this Kia Forte site, don't worry. Have a good week ahead, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perodia Viva Elite is the real car with class. Kia Forte and Honda Civic all Ah Beng and Ah Lian cars. Hahahahahahahahaha! P2 is for smarter guys!

    ReplyDelete