Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Forte and City @ Brothers Kelana Jaya

" 'Bang, why is it that you're not interested in dressing up my Forte?", asked my better half in her foreign accent.



I pondered for a moment and realized that she was right. I have been a car lover all my life and would always find ways to dress up my previous rides. With the Iswara, there were so many possibilities. With the Civic, it was Mugen-this and Mugen-that. With the 4WDs, there were so many aftermarket macho add-ons. With the Coop, there were the Abarth-this and Abarth-that.


Yet with the Forte, there had been no interest thus far to dress this lil' miss kimchi up in any ways. "Why was that so?", I wondered aloud. Since this was missus' car, I decided that we could take a little drive to Brothers Kelana Jaya for us to peruse the car accessories there for anything that looks good and befitting.


When we have parked our car, along came a friend in his City i-VTEC whom had came to look for accessories too. He came and looked at our ride and asked which variant was it; to which we informed him that it was the higher-spec SX. We did an impromptu owners comparo- checking each others' rides exterior and interior-wise.

(A very spacious feel)

Both rides costs d in the region of more than RM80k. But the Forte feels bigger and better equipped between the two; and the other mate was especially impressed with the Forte's cool remote control and push start button. Given another choice, he declared that he would have chosen the Forte SX for its specifications; but that the Honda would still rule as it has the VTEC tune, something unique to only the marque.


After the friendly comparo, missus and I went into Brothers to look around. Admist the neon lights and stick-ons and all the rest, I suddenly realized that the reason I had not been shopping around for accessories was because... the Forte looks good enough as it is. There was simply no reasons for me to mess up with its sleek designs internally and externally. Now, that realization was simply priceless.


(Although in all fairness, it could just be that I'm getting into an old fart and growing out of my Import Tuner days ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment